Five persons have been electrocuted at Glass, a popular food joint close to the Tamale’s main taxi rank as a result of the grinding that occurred in a shop and they were rushed to the Tamale Teaching Hospital.
Three of them are on admission as two have been confirmed dead. Among the victims are two men, two women, and a kid.
Eyewitnesses who spoke to Starr News at the scene said the victims fell into the drainage unconscious when they were shocked by the electric power.
They also said that the kid was drowned in the drainage and they suspect he had lost his life already as at the time he was brought out.
However, doctors are yet to confirm his death. The heavy downpour which lasted for more than 30 minutes flooded several areas in Tamale on Thursday causing several damages to residents.